Warm up: with the girls
1) Windscreen wiper x 5 (each is left and right) x 2 (i.e. both sides)
2) Hooked-leg sideways stretch and lift x 10 x 2 (i.e. both sides)
1) TG shoulder mount x 3: struggled for the first one. but was better for the next two… manage to keep legs in V (eagle) for a bit, although I needed to use my feet to pull me towards the pole. Exited using my favourite splits dismount
2) Open-close cup grip shoulder mounts x 2: I needed a bit of swing, and could do with lifting my legs higher… but it was not bad. The only problem was that I spun quite a lot because of my swing and lifting my legs up, so I got quite dizzy and didn’t dare to try it a third time
3) Bullet, starfish, into split grip with knees on the pole [conditioning for left arm + extended butterfly] x 3: Three successful attempts. Two times in between, I lacked the strength (and commitment) to bring my bum up. Note: I really need to lower my left arm down the pole to lower the centre of gravity
4) Pencil mount and dismount x 1: Felt a bit stressed with this given it’s been a while since I practiced. It felt a bit wobbly going up and keeping my legs/feet straight… I had to look at the mirror AND use my feet to find the pole to get stable. Was okay coming down slowly… although the final roll-down was still a bit quick. Note: For pencil mount, need to really remember that the first step is to bring the BUM TO THE POLE, then move legs SIDEWAYS and upwards
5) “Pretzel” x3: Monkey (Spin-style flying body spiral into ballerina) and bring the back leg in front – this will increase the spin. Note: For spin pole, J teaches keeping the inside hand high up on the pole (single-hand spin), step on the outside leg and sweep the inside leg around (opposite to static pole flying body spiral), go into a blade, then into ballerina, and then finally bring the back leg in front into ‘Pretzel’
6) Outside angel (weaker side), inverted pike, into superman (weaker side) x 3: J spotted me for the first couple of times, I made the third attempt alone. Note: Need to really get the body very close to the legs, really hug the knees, so that I can reach out to the pole above with my outside (in this case: left) hand. Also, need to put inside (right) hand on the bottom of the pole FIRST and PUSH OUT. Let legs drop down to get into the superman
7) Caterpillar (invert), into butterfly and extension x 1: E and J both spotted me. The position felt weird… probably because I’m not used to it..?
8) Archer practice x 3: Did it from a lazy side hook from standing. Was okay getting into it and holding.
9) Side hook into superman (usual side) x 3: Got inspired watching two other girls practising their superman. So tried superman from a side hook from standing. It worked! What I did was: 1) Pull my top leg towards me, 2) Twisted my hips and faced forward very quickly
10) Knee hold prep x 2: Did it from a side hook from standing (haha, as all my moves this night!), started with my lower knee higher up, and slid it down into place, pushed hips forward. Kept top hand on the pole. Left knee really hurt after just two attempts, so I stopped.